The Central Coast Montessori Primary School (CCMPS) is the Central Coast’s premier Montessori primary school for 6 – 12 year olds.
We are an independent, non-denominational school providing an enriched environment where children discover the interconnectedness of knowledge and life.
Our approach develops well-educated and empowered children through:
- Multi-age learning environments
- Three hour uninterrupted work cycles
- Mindfully prepared classrooms designed to meet the physical and psychological needs of children at each stage of their development
- Carefully designed educational material that intertwines movement and cognition
- An all-embracing curriculum including mathematics, language, history, science, the arts, story and study.
Our purpose is to awaken our students’ imagination and nurture their innate wisdom so they can become their most engaged and empowered self.
We share the Great Stories of the universe, life on earth, human beings, language and numbers.
Here we explore concepts of fairness, justice and human relationships. We educate for peace and social reform.
Our students enjoy ‘freedom within limits’ choosing their own work in a responsible and purposeful manner.
Through this freedom, they can joyful discover their own passions and interests, find their own answers to their questions, and form an ability to balance responsibility with desire.
Our trained teachers focus on all aspects of the child’s wellbeing including social and emotional intelligence to help them live in harmony with themselves, the earth and each other.
OUR STUDENTS ARE
Our two girls love going to Central Coast Montessori as it provides opportunity for self-awareness and the development of the self within a caring and nurturing environment.
I love the options they are provided in class, as well as the community within the school from both the teachers and parents alike.